APM MacLean is an Island owned family-oriented construction business that has continued to grow for over 60 years. APM MacLean key sectors include design build, construction management, general contracting of all commercial, multi-rental, institutional, and industrial properties from conception to design to completion.
APM MacLean would like to invite qualified, enthusiastic individuals to apply for the following career opportunity: Project Coordinator.
The Project Coordinator is an integral member of the project team and is responsible for directing, organizing, and controlling project activities, under the direction of the Project Manager/Site Superintendent. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating daily activities for the site, preparing and transmitting reports and attending meetings.
This position reports to the Project Manager/Site Superintendent.
• Assist Project Manager/Site Superintendent with all project assignments as required
• Develop and maintain professional interaction with the Project Manager, Site Superintendent, Project Coordinator, Estimators, Sub-Contractors, and Client’s Representative
• Undertake various functions related to document control, document archiving for all construction projects
• Work with the project manager and site superintendent to complete on site deficiency list
• Work with the project manager to complete all project close outs, including As-Builts and maintenance manuals
• Use Microsoft Office to update and maintain working templates
• Work with Small Jobs Manager with coordinator of trades for various small jobs
• Assisting the Project Manager in tracking CCNs, RFIs, NOCs and project cost
• Assisting the Project Manager with material ordering, confirming material quantities and project deliveries
• Assist the site supervisor with safety orientations/Covid-19 requirements
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
• Construction & Technology Management Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management and/or Engineering (PEng.) preferred
• 3-5 years experience in progressively responsible construction roles
• Minimum 5 years work experience in Canada
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, project management and scheduling software
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Exceptional problem solving, prioritizing and time management skills
• Adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Experience preparing and managing construction documents
This is a full-time position, with salary and benefits which commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APM MacLean is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please fill in the form below.