APM MacLean is an Island owned family-oriented construction business that has continued to grow for over 60 years. APM MacLean key sectors include design build, construction management, general contracting of all commercial, multi-rental, institutional, and industrial properties from conception to design to completion.
APM MacLean would like to invite qualified, enthusiastic individuals to apply for the following career opportunity: Site Superintendent.
As the Superintendent, you will be responsible for directing field construction activities such as participating with Project Manager and Project Engineer in determining method of construction, sequencing, manpower levels, material qualities, equipment and work schedule. You will also supervise all subtrades and craft persons in execution of construction activities. He/she will carry out supervisoryresponsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
This position reports to the Project Manager.
• Responsible for completing the assigned project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to assigned plans and specifications.
• Maintain a safe job site and ensure the requirements of the Occupational Health & Standards Act is enforced.
• Organize and conduct meetings prior to the commencement of the project to arrange all site requirements for operating the project. I.e. site office, temporary power, security fencing, etc.
• Meet with the Project Manager during the initial project set-up to review all aspects of the project scope, budget, schedule, list of sub-trades awarded contracts and safety principles.
• Supervise the activity of all directlyhired employees (carpenters, labourers etc.) and sub-contractors on site.
• Attend a walk-down with the Client and Project Manager to review project deficiencies and completion items.
• Organize final inspections to obtain formal approvals on all deliverables in order to obtain an Occupancy Permit.
• Prepare for demobilization from the project including arranging site cleaning, completing the close-out report, closing accounts etc.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
As the successful candidate, you are a highly trusted, detail-oriented individual who has the ability to work as a part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment with the following qualifications:
• ollege diploma or university degree with concentration in construction management.
• PMP certification and asset.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a site Superintendent with commercial, retail, and/or industrial building construction and site development.
• Minimum 5 years’ work experience in Canada.
• Extensive experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of building projects.
• Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Exceptional problem solving, prioritizing, and time management skills.
This is a full-time position, with salary and benefits which commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APM MacLean is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please fill in the form below.