APM MacLean is an Island owned construction business that has over 95 years of construction experience. The company covers the entire construction industry from design to turn-key completion in the industrial, commercial and pre-engineered metal building areas.
APM MacLean would like to invite qualified, enthusiastic individuals to apply for the following career opportunity: Construction Labourer.
The Construction Labourer is responsible to ensure the APM MacLean job sites are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner. The incumbent will assist the carpenters and Site Superintendent on site.
This position reports to the Site Superintendent.
• Clean and prepare sites to ensure maximum optimization of construction work procedures
• Clean debris, trash and hazardous materials from construction sites
• Set up and take down ladders, scaffolding and other temporary structures
• Help equipment operator, carpenters and other skilled labour when necessary.
• Follow instructions from supervisors.
• Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixes; and mix, pour and spread concrete
• Dig trenches
• Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment and materials
• Clean and maintain construction equipment appropriately
• Load and unload equipment and materials from trucks and move to respective work areas
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Cleanliness of job sites and facilities meets or exceeds company standards
• High level of awareness as it relates to safety standards, security, and site cleanliness
• High School Diploma or GED
• 5+ years’ general labourer experience with commercial, retail and institutional construction sites
• A valid driver license
• Ability to work in all weather
• Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
• Strong time management and organizational skills; able to complete work in a timely manner and to a high-quality level
• Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
• Safe lifting (up to 50 lbs), kneeling, pushing, pulling and stretching are all required to fulfill cleaning duties
• Effective verbal and listening communication skills
This is a full-time position, with salary and benefits which commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APM MacLean is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please fill in the form below.