APM MacLean is an Island owned family-oriented construction business that has continued to grow for over 60 years. APM MacLean key sectors include design build, construction management, general contracting of all commercial, multi-rental, institutional, and industrial properties from conception, to design to completion.
APM MacLean would like to invite qualified, enthusiastic individuals to apply for the following career opportunity: Construction Estimator
The Construction Estimator is responsible to compile timely, accurate, and competitive estimates, to provide a client or potential client, for a tendered or negotiated project. As the successful candidate, you are a highly trusted, detail-oriented individual who has the ability to work as a part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment.
This position reports to the President.
• Interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications
• Gather proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
• Assess material, labour and equipment required for a project
• Analyze labour, material, and time requirements
• Prepare quantity take-offs
• Assemble, summarize, and analyze tenders; recommend awards
• Assist in selection of sub-trades
• Interface with Project Manager, support team and Client to achieve precise and accurate estimates
• Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
• Submits 100% of bids and budgets by bid deadline
• The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
• Graduate from a recognized Engineering, Construction Management, and/or Construction Science program
• 5 years’ experience as an Estimator in Canadian commercial/retail/industrial construction
• 5 years’ work experience in Canada
• Prior experience working hands-on in commercial/retail/industrial construction
• Red Seal Carpenter or carpentry experience coupled with estimating experience
• Exceptional problem solving, prioritizing, and time management skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills
This is a full-time position, with salary and benefits which commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APM MacLean is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity with APM MacLean, please fill in the form below.